Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

Well, I'm exhausted, but last week was very productive. With the girls here I got several Latin lessons done, so I can take it easy this week and spend some time with my babies. They miss Mommy. :) Unfortuately this morning I discovered that my smart, tall son has been watching how Daddy turns on the TV without a remote and is now tall enough to push the button himself. :P This means he can turn it on and leave it running without my help, no more peace and quiet. lol

Stephen was baptized yesterday which Andy said was the perfect father's day present and we were very excited that our families were both able to come. Infant baptism is such a beautiful symbol and we loved having everyone witness it. Andy's parents are Baptist and don't believe in infant baptism, so Andy appreciated them coming. We also had fun cooking for our families for a change. Andy got to grill pork chops, which he loves doing. It was a little cramped in our apartment with 12 people there, but it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

K. Humby said...

I am so excited that things went well for batism and that BOTH familes were ablet to attend. What fun... a cookout. I would really love to do that sometime soon. A nice juicy hamburger somehow (despite my dislike of meat) sound so yummy!

Lee Nickles said...

Hey Beth! Welcome to blogging. Glad y'all had a great father's day. I have to say that most every day I hear "daddie" is a great day for me.