Friday, June 29, 2007

Shots

I never knew that getting children shots would be one of my most frustrating experiences. :P Our health department gives shots for free if you are under a certain income level, otherwise I would have taken them to the doctors so that I could be a little more picky about which shots they get, but it really doesn't matter for boys. Anyway, I made an appointment for 8am so I could be one of the first ones there and it still took 2 hours. It was absolutely ridiculous trying to keep Caleb from running wild without being able to spank him, and Stephen thought he was starving before we were called back. On top of that Caleb decided it was the perfect place to have a blowout stinky diaper. At that point I just had to laugh. Once we actually got back there, the nurse was really surprised and impressed that Caleb, who got 4 pricks, only cried with the MMR and watched her stick him. He also stood quietly and held Stephen's hand while Stephen got his shots. She said his behavior was really unusual because they normally scream the whole time and Caleb was not affected by Stephen's crying. Now I just have to hope they don't get fevers and are cranky for the next few days. lol

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I can remember momma taking us to the health dept to get our shots. The incident that sticks out most vividly in my mind is when we went the summer before I entered school (1st grade). I was terrified and sat in my mom's lap with my head turned the other way so I wouldn't see them giving me the shot. They gave me the polio one first which was an oral vaccine and very sweet. Somehow I convinced myself that that was a painkiller or something and therefore the shots wouldn't hurt as bad and you know something, they didn't! :-)

K. Humby said...

You changed your blog! It looks nice; anyhow... I was quite impressed about Caleb's behavior. That is soooo sweet -- holding his little brother's hand! :)