Tuesday, June 26, 2007

How to grow up

The longer Andy and I are parents the more we realize how much we have grown and changed in the last few years, and that we are the final human authority on our family's lives. It has been a stuggle to assert that authority in some places and to decide where the line is between having family relations and protecting our children from things we do not want to go through. We believe we have finally reached the best decision for us for the time being and the pressure placed on us no longer matters. The Lord made everything clear for Andy in the days following Stephen's birth, especially after he was told that another 30 minutes and we would have lost Stephen and there was a strong chance I would have died. It seems like a horrible incident, but it was actually very special because it just showed Christ's love and protection in a very clear way.

Another note...
I have come to learn the joys of consignment sale shopping. I found a glider rocker that looks brand new for $30 and several really cute boys outfits for next to nothing. I have to avoid the books, because I'd buy way too many. The kids books especially. lol I don't have room for more books until we move and Andy can build another bookcase.
Caleb has recently learned the joys of coloring and tries his best to share his crayons with Stephen. :) It's precious and I can fold laundry at the table while he colors. lol

No comments: