Monday, June 18, 2007

Babies... Miracles

Something my family and I were talking about yesterday made me go look up the story about the baby that was born at 21 weeks and survived. The link is below of anyone is interested in looking at it. But this quote made me sick to my stomach. "Should one really be trying at all to keep that baby alive?" asks Professor Richard Nicholson, editor of the Bulletin of Medical Ethics. "Chances are it will require an enormous amount to be spent on it for the rest of its life. It disgusts me that life is worth so little anymore that all people think about is how much it will cost them, not the miracle of life itself. This past Spring there were huge bulletin boards around Auburn campus with extremely graphic pictures of abortions on them for a week. The stir in the students was profound. I heard one girl in my apartment complex who said that she didn't know that was what they did in abortions, that she had to go throw up after seeing them, and that she could never support abortions again. It was amazing to hear. I wasn't able to go see them, because I knew I couldn't handle it, especially since I was pregnant. Anyway, that is my deep post for the week.

The link... http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,,2017772,00.html

1 comment:

K. Humby said...

Hey! Thanks for the article. I have shown to several people and they were amazed to see such tiny feet!!! How adorable!