Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cloth Diapers

I have been using cloth diaperssince the very beginning and LOVE it. I have people ask me all the time if I'll go to disposables when we have more money and I know I never will because I hate them. :) I have in fact fallen in love with wool covers. My boys have very sensitive skin and if they get a diaper rash it hangs around for a while. I have also had problems with both boys leaking a lot especially at night. I was getting really tired of changing Stephen a couple of times a day. A friend lent me some of her wool covers to see if they worked better and in one day Stephen's rash has cleared up completely. You would think that they would leak, but they don't leak at all. In the last month, Stephen has wet the bed every single night, but in the wool cover last night, his pj's weren't even damp. You use them the same why you use any other cover with a prefold under it and either diaper pins or snappis (my personal favorite). I'm madly in love, they are just a little more expensive. lol Anyways, below are 3 of my favorites.


These are firefly's They have a lot of snaps along the sides so they are really easy to adjust.
www.fireflydiapers.com



The 2 pictures above are of covered caboose wraps, they are a little heavier than fireflies so they hold a little more.
www.greenmountaindiapers.com

This last one is called an aristocrat and is for nighttime primarily. They are a dream and you don't need pj bottoms over them. They also come with long legs so that you don't need winter pj's either. These are also on green mountain diapers.

I absolutely love these covers and even if we can't afford them for these two, I know what I'm getting for the next one.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Beth, Aidan is 5 and weighs almost 40lbs. Which one would you suggest for night time use??? He is using Good Nights right now, but most nights actually leaks out of them. I am wondering if using cloth "pull-ups" would leak less and also help him to notice/wake up when he needs to go.

Kelley said...

Beth - you might find this interesting. A former classmate of Julie's makes custom diapers and soakers. The ones on her site are fleece but I've seen her do wool ones as well. Here's the link: http://hyenacart.com/sugarlumpboutique/

Beth said...

hyenacart carries the covered caboose I love too Kelley. I'll have to look at the fleece ones.

Rachel-I'll let you know tomorrow. I've been looking into them too. Caleb is about to need them and I have found some really neat looking trainers you might like. :)