Saturday, September 8, 2007

Worst Luck

One of Andy's long time friends DB has the worst luck of anyone I can think of. He has been rear ended by a rubber necker at a wreck who never slowed down and attacked by a gang of bikers to name a couple. This week he was robbed and shot. Please pray for him if you think of it and heres what he said about the robbery.

Wednesday night(9/5/07) Scott and I were playing Gears of War at my house. My door bell rang, I got up and went to open the door expecting to see the pizza man with our dinner. When I unbolted the door and turned the handle, the door was shoved in by a tall, lanky black man pointing a revolver at my head. Behind him was a short black man who was sweating and shaking. The taller one forced me back into my living room and kept shouting, "Where's the money Fred?" I tried to explain to him my name wasn't Fred, I didn't know where the money was and he could have whatever he wanted if he would just put the gun down. The short man then proceeded to yank my xbox out of the wall, grab my laptop, and steal both our cell phones. Then they tried to steal my TV, I explained that it was too big for one person to carry and they weren't going to be able to carry it out while they held the gun at me. They saw that I was right and started to back out just before they ran out of my house the tall one shot me in the leg. Scott immediately ran to the bathroom and grabbed me a towel. Meanwhile, I dropped my shorts and checked my wound. Thank God for Scott and my EMT training. One look and I knew it was non femoral and the bone was intact. Scott Helped me tie a tourniquet and apply pressure. I saw an entry and exit wound so I hoped the bullet had passed straight through. Scott ran up stairs to try and get some help from my neighbors. No one came so he came back downstairs and helped drag me to his car. He drove me to Highlands hospital which was only a few blocks away. Highland's ER doesn't get a lot of traffic and hardly any trauma, they were extremely startled to get a gun shot wound. After they stabilized me, they decided I needed to go to University because they were better equipped to deal with me. While I was being treated Scott called my family and my close friends. I was loaded up and taken by ambulance to University where they decided my wound was clean and flesh only, no bone, nerve, or severe vascular damage. They gave me a shot of Morphine and sent me home. Thank you everyone who has called or e-mailed. Thank you for your kind words and your prayers!

1 comment:

K. Humby said...

Hmmm... Perhaps, God is attempting to show His patience and care in DB's life!?! Anyhow, I am happy to hear that he is doing well. He will def. be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing.