Friday, September 7, 2007

Potty Training

I'm so excited. I have been working on potty training Caleb for the last few days and he is doing so well. Since he's a boy, I was afraid it was going to take a lot longer before he was ready to potty train. I remember my sisters potty trained easier and sooner than my brothers; part of the genetic differences between boys and girls liberals are trying to refuse to acknowledge. :) He's only wet his underwear once in 3 days, though I still put a diaper on him for naps and errands. I'm not brave enough to try those yet. lol Caleb is loving it and has his little routine down. After he's finished he hops down and says YAY, then closes the lid and flushes the toilet before we put his underwear on and wash his hands. That's great for me because he seems to understand patterns well for other things also. This is a wonderful development because he's so big we were getting close to him outgrowing the diaper covers I've been buying. I hope this continues well and soon I can leave off diapers most of the time without worrying that he's going to wet his clothes. :)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'm glad it's going so well! My experience so far has been one you were afraid of having:) It's my fault - I'm not very brave in our new house, but when I am -I do see better results. Hope all is well.