Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Babywrapping

Other than cloth diapering, which I love, and smocking clothes for my boys especially Caleb so he looks his age, I'm not really obsessive about baby things. Well that has all changed now. I have been getting tired of trying to hang on to Stephen, deal with Caleb and do housework etc. and Stephen was getting too heavy for my Snugli and too wiggly for my sling. I have found my dream baby item and it's called a Moby Wrap. It uses your entire back, shoulders and hips to carry the baby and there are so many different ways to wrap it. Baby can ride as shown in the picture, or facing out, as well as on your hip or back. It is also really easy to nurse in apparently. I am currently looking for one on ebay, but considering how much material must be in it, it only costs $35. One website also carries a nice selection of cloth diapers though I prefer my ebay store or Green Mountain. The Moby wrap site itself also has step-by-step picture directions for 12 different wrap positions as well as instructions on how to breastfeed in it. This is the first item I have not been firmly set on since before I got married and now I have to find a way to get it. :) Babywrapping just falls right in line with all of the naturalist tendencies I already have and I think it is so healthy for newborns especially. This is the way a lot of women in 3rd world countries carry their babies and still get all of the physical labor they need to do done. Hopefully this will enable me to get more things done because I won't have to constantly rescue Stephen from Caleb's love. :D

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just recently got a Moby wrap and I love it! I'll be writing up a review of it soon complete with pictures. :D

Little Fish said...

That's really cool. You're going to look like an Indian woman with a papoose!