Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Life

It's amazing how much is contained in the word life. If someone asks "how's life" we have so many different things we can assume they are asking. How's school? How's the family? How are you doing? All of which can have many different answers and it's interesting to see what people decide the answer is going to be.

For me life right now consists of trying to keep my head above water with school and taking care of my family. It's amazing how little can get done in a day when you have two cranky children who both want all of your attention. By the time I get the both to bed at night and look at our house I can just get depressed. :P Other times, my boys are little angels and I can have the house sparkling clean and dinner ready when Andy gets home from school. I love having my boys so close together, but it can be really frustrating at times. With my family all 2 1/2 to 3 years apart my Mom was able to train us in proper behavior outside the home before the next one came along. I run through stores trying to keep Caleb from falling out of the buggy, hitting Stephen in the head with something or pitching a fit. All of this is made more difficult by the fact that we can't spank in public without fear that we will have social services knocking on our door.
Life is good in all aspects for me, just long at times. :D

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Contemplating life is very interesting and yes, the answer is very dependent upon the person, mood, .... Having 2 boys so close in age can be difficult, but it does get easier!!!! It is also incredibly neat that neither of them will ever remember a time when their brother was not around!!! They will fight, but more importantly they will love and be there for each other!!!!! Just remember that there are always 2 sides: 1 side being that they (sometimes this includes DH) wear you down, and the other side is having all of these precious men who adore and NEED their Mommy/wife. Make sure to step away sometime BY YOURSELF. As boring and stressful as grocery shopping can be, doing it alone does give you a little ME time which helps you rejuvenate!!! Also, never forget that God provides us with the ability to give more even when we feel totally "given out"!!!!!

Beth said...

Thank you Rachel!!! I needed the emotional boost. :D