Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Giant Turtle

Here at Auburn University they have some pretty little ponds/fountains scattered about the campus. Lots of turtles live in them and Andy has been telling me about this gigantic turtle he keeps seeing and I finally made him take a picture so I could see what he was talking about. That is Andy's shadow on the water and the turtles are sitting on a board that is about a foot wide he says. This is not a snapping turtle it is a regular box turtle and you can see him sitting on a normal sized box turtle on the board. I have never seen a turtle this big that wasn't either a snapping turtle or a sea turtle. Just thought it was amusing and would share with everyone. We are going to take Caleb to see it on Sunday when we take our afternoon walk. Maybe I can get a picture of it near Caleb for more size comparison. ;D

2 comments:

K. Humby said...

Wow! It is hard to believe that the turtle is really a box turtle! I didn't know that they grew that big either! Not that I am at all knowledgeable on turtle sizes!!! :)

Rachel said...

Hey, Beth. I finally found your blog. What a BIG turtle.
I was reading previous posts - your boys are so CUTE!!! I guess I will be breaking out the highchair soon too. I just need to conquer moving him from his bassinet beside me to his crib just across the hallway:(
I also loved watching the guy with the Moby wrap. He did a good job and his baby was SO TINY!!! Also, only he would be able to tie it around his body 3x!!!! Okay, maybe Ren too:)