Monday, May 12, 2008

John...

John finished his first year of college this year and did really well. He and I are a lot alike and react to stress the same way. It was nice to have him call me and ask for advice and just to talk about school. He has participated in the Air Force ROTC at UGA the whole year and has decided that he is called to be an Air Force chaplain. Most people when they hear this are quite surprised and really don't know what to say, the girl in the picture below is the only one who has really expressed interest and opinions in his chosen profession.

Last year Dad and I were talking about what kind of girls my brothers were probably going to be looking for and we decided that David would find a girl like Mom and John would find a girl like me... I believe John has found his girl and the way he talks about her I will not be surprised to be attending their wedding in 3 or so years. lol Her name is Beth, she is fairly tall and has dark, curly hair. :) I love my brother so much and wish the absolute best for him. Below is a picture of John and Beth at his formal Air Force banquet.



2 comments:

Kelley said...

Wow, hard to believe John is that old. I saw his picture on facebook and wondered what area of service he was in. I think it's great he's gonna be a chaplain! Beth is such a pretty girl and I hope it all works out for them. :-)

Momma told me David is going into the service as well but will be a dentist. Wonder if James will continue the military tradition.

K. Humby said...

They look so cute together. Her name is Beth!?!?! :) I love the profession he has chosen. Will he be required to have a formal education via seminary after college or...?

Wow! I think that I must be getting old or ... perhaps, people are just hooking up younger these days. :)