Wednesday, May 14, 2008

David's Graduation

We started our vacation last week by going over to Georgia for David's graduation. He graduated UGA Summa Cum Laude with highest honors being that in his time there he was only one B from a 4.0 GPA. Next fall he starts Dental School at the Medical College of Georgia down in Augusta. He was commissioned into the Army Reserves this Spring and after he graduates dental school he will be commissioned into the regular army as a Captain I believe.

While we were at my family's Andy, John, James and Becky got to go to a Braves game and Nana and Pop pop watched the boys while Andy and I went out to eat for our anniversay. It was a nice relaxing time there.


It took an hour to seat the graduates and I don't think all 6,000 grads walked :)

David walking through the Arch for the first time.
It's tradition to walk around the arch until you graduate for good luck.


Mom, David and Dad walking through the Arch together.


Our whole family in front of the Honors College

I'm so proud of my brother!!

The boys. :)

David and the girls... everyone has to have a pic with the bench statue.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations David! Does he plan to live in Augusta full time? My parents both grew up in that area so we visit Augusta quite often. I think it's a beautiful area but boy, can it be hot.

K. Humby said...

Wow! I remember how hot it was on that field. I honestly thought that I might melt before it was done with. Also, remember the "drama"!!! Never again! I do not like graduations, but I am very happy for your brother!!! :)
Also, I love your dress! Too cute!