Tuesday, August 21, 2007

2 year olds

Why is 2 sometimes the most fun and other times the most irritating age? It must be because they are learning new things everyday and then use it so much that it drives their parents batty. Caleb is so much fun to watch as he discovers new abilities and words. He is already learning to help me put all of his toys away, though he wants to immediately pull them back out again. He also adores music and dances whenever there is something on. His favorite show is The Wiggles and we also have some of their Cd's. The Wiggles have dances that go along with all of their songs and Caleb has started copying them instead of just bouncing around the room. It's quite cute because half the time he does the moves just slightly off from them and it's hilarious to watch. If anyone gives instructions in a song he can follow along as well and that's a recent thing.

His vocabulary is growing on leaps and bounds and he is learning to speak in sentences. He loves for me to do the This Little Piggy Went to Market poem on his toes and I must do it on both of his feet and both of Stephen's before he is satisfied. He'll also run around saying wee wee all home after I'm done. lol I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but he now knows to run to me and say poop poop and hold his diaper if he needs it changed. I'm not thrilled with this, but am looking on the bright side that maybe it means he'll start potty training soon. Andy thinks it hysterical and I just tell him to wait until he tries to shush Caleb in church and he screams out that he pooped at the top of his lungs in the middle of the pastor's prayer.

Stephen is also growing fast. He can almost sit up, just still has a tendency to get excited and throw himself backward. He adores Caleb and just lies on his stomach and giggles while watching Caleb play. He is also teething already and I can see the teeth in his gums though they probably won't break through for another month. Caleb got his first tooth at 5 months so I'm not surprised that Stephen is on the same track. Stephen is desperate to be moving so I hope he starts crawling soon. He is already sliding himself backwards across the room so maybe he'll be crawling by 6 months.

I'm amazed at how much I can get down around the house with 2 such little children because sometimes I feel that all I do is play with them. I love my life. :D

No comments: