Saturday, July 7, 2007

Boys

For the last 2 weeks I have been trying to schedule an appointment to have Caleb and Stephen's picture made at Olan Mills. In typical boyish fashion, as soon as I decided to do this, Caleb started bumping up his head. First, he fell into an end table and had a HUGE green egg on his forehead for a week, then he scratched his nose up and most recently scraped up his cheek chasing a ball on the 4th. I have given up on having the perfect picture and will keep my next appointment unless there is something wrong with his whole face. :) These normal little boy bumps and bruises have caused me to think about all I have to look forward to for the next 18 years with 2 little boys first. (I loved to play outside, but never got as scraped up as my brothers.) With mine and Andy's abilities to think of things to get ourselves in trouble as children, we know what to expect. A friend sent me something with a story I can clearly see being my own in a few years. lol

Today I sent my two boys (3 and 4) outside to play with little sister (1). After awhile I noticed that they were awfully quiet and I went to investigate. I went out the back door and found them each with a paint brush and an open can of raspberry fizz (bright pink) paint! They had painted themselves, their sister, the carport, the rocks in the path, the shingles that were laying next to the house, the solid white cat, and a stray chicken that had the misfortune of wandering by at the wrong moment. They both dropped the brushes and just looked at me. I had to just walk off. I didn't know what to do with them. I called my husband (who is supposed to know what to do in situations like this) and he just laughed and laughed and laughed! I still don't know what to do with them. They are in their room now (after a bath) playing. The cat got a VERY unwanted bath, she is now light pink. Just thought I'd share...

I died laughing when I read this and started thinking of all the stuff my brothers and I did. Such as, David and I setting a whole roll of toilet paper on fire while Mom was is the shower. I was 5 and we burnt it in the sink so there would be water right where we needed. There was a burn spot on the ceiling and the sink was cracked, but the house did not burn down. These 2 stories make me think I shouldn't keep bright paint or matches around the house, amoung other things... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember the first time David told me about that story (the toilet paper one). It was halirious! lol