Thursday, June 26, 2008

Too Cute...

So earlier this week Caleb and Stephen were playing in their room while I was sitting on the couch working on my computer. All of a sudden Stephen comes out grumbling, not crying or whining, grumbling. He came over, pulled my arm up and climbed into my lap, sat down and looked up at me. Then he stuck his lower lip out, pointed at the bedroom and said "bock". Right then Caleb walks out carrying their bucket of duploes with a grin on his face, I asked him if he had taken all the blocks from Stephen and he said yes very happily. I told him that he had to share and could try giving Stephen some cars and sent them back to play. It just cracked me up that Stephen wasn't crying just complaining and tattling for the first time. I know that I will have to work on discipline and not allow this behavior to develop a lot, but it's so much fun to see personalities coming out. :)

2 comments:

K. Humby said...

That is pretty cute on both of their parts! Why do children get so proud of themselves when they have obviously done something wrong? :)

Rachel said...

They both handled that decently well - no tantrums and truthfulness. I know, however, that you also want to encourage sharing and working problems out amongst themselves.